Monday 16 December 2013

Magazine Profile

The price of my magazine as mentioned earlier will be £2.75, which I think is a reasonable price for a monthly released magazine.
I would like my magazine to be available to buy in all supermarkets such as Tesco, ASDA, Morrisons, Sainsburys, WHSmith's etc. I would also like it to be sold in music orientated stores such as HMV.
The magazine will contain many different articles in every issue including:
  • "Track of the month" - a specially selected track from the archives accompanied by background information and facts
  • "Album of the month" - a specially selected album from the archives containing interesting facts and figures
  • "Artist of the month" - an artist or band from the era who has influenced one of the media team profoundly this month. This artist will most likley be the same artist which is displayed on the front cover or talked about in the main story. This article will contain all of the basic information about the band/artist which is not displayed in the main article.
  • Tour Dates - for the bands and artists that are still around, we will provide a list of tour dates so people have the chance to go and see their legends play
  • Desert Island Discs - I will try and catch up with some of the most influential musicians from the psychedelic scene and ask them to name 5 tracks that they would take with them if they were to be stuck on an island for the rest of their lives.
I have also decided to call my magazine 'Psyched' which is shortened version of the genre of music my magazine focuses on and also means 'to be excited' which will suggest to my audience that my magazine is new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment