Monday 21 October 2013

Initial Thoughts

My initial thoughts about the magazine are very positive. Music is a media form which I am very passionate about, so this task will be fun to complete. My music taste manly revolves around the 60's vibe of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Bob Dylan, the Small Faces etc, so my magazine will be influenced and based around the 60's/70's scene. 60's music also links in with psychedelia due to the 1967 'summer of love' and the release of the highly 'trippy' albums such as 'Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band', 'Their Majesties Satanic Requests' and 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn' so my magazine will also be focusing on the psychedelic scene also. My magazine will have similarities to magazines like 'Uncut' and 'Mojo'. The target audience for my magazine will be teenagers, due to the fact I believe there are many teenagers now interested in the 60's scene and the magazines aimed at them in this day and age are all focused around the latest pop music which not all of us are keen on.

No comments:

Post a Comment